A Live Course Using Zoom
"Make Your Writing Dreams a Reality" - A Live 4 Week Writing Workshop
This Course is for You If:
- You yearn to express yourself through writing and dream of sharing it with others.
- You feel compelled to share your story and make a difference in the world, but lack the confidence to write it.
- You yearn to write a book, but don't have a clear focus on the subject.
- If you're not sure about the process of structuring and writing a good book.
- If you'd like to accelerate your book writing process.
- If you're stuck on self-censorship and perfectionism and want to break through to an easy writing flow.
- If you're worried about what others will think about you and your ideas and seek to move beyond it.
- If you'd like to know more about the different publishing options available and what they entail.
Dates: February 9, 16, 23 March 2nd, 2019 – 4 Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 EST (USA) and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Paris/Geneva Time Zones.
Location: Online Classroom via an easy access link from the location you choose. WIFI or Internet access required.
If you've been yearning to set aside some time to focus on your writing, now is a great time to settle in and bring your writing dreams to fruition. Whether you have a specific project in mind, or perhaps you're stuck in the middle of project and don't know where to go next. During 4 weeks of live meetings, you'll experience exercises to help you:
- gain clarity about your writing purpose
- pull focus on your project
- define your audience
-unlock your creative energy, and
-intuitively connect with your inspiration with the aim of helping you to make your writing dreams a reality.
The course takes place over 4 Saturdays, and you’ll have the opportunity to combine short writing sessions, with specific topics that guide you to developing the foundations to complete your project and build your self-confidence as a writer.
Topics include: (See full week by week details below)
Week 1: Getting Clear on Your Project: Defining, Clarifying, and Creating Solid Foundations
Week 2: Building Creative Self-Confidence: Using Your Inner Guidance to Direct Your Creative Choices
Week 3: Working with Emotions: Connecting with Readers and Yourself through Emotions
Week 4: Commitment and Completion
What you’ll gain:
- An introduction and solid tips on ways to unlock your creative energy and write. Once you learn the techniques they can transform your writing process and you'll be able to access them to write any time.
- Greater self-confidence in your creativity and your ability to write beyond resistance and "blocks".
- Solid ideas about ways to structure your book to communicate best with readers.
- A better understanding of the role of emotions in writing and how they help you to connect with readers and yourself.
- Feedback and answers to your questions about writing and best ways to accomplish your aims.
- Ways to write through resistance and listen to what it’s trying to tell you.
- A clear sense of your commitment and mission as a writer.
- Valuable information about the publishing process for both “indie” or self-publishing and placing your work with a traditional publishing house. (The instructor has worked with both.)
- Guidance about agents, book proposals, endorsements, sales documents for your fiction or non-fiction work, and information about the publishing industry as well, as reflections on defining and achieving your goals.
In addition, each participant receives a 45 minute one-on-one session, valued at $180, with, award-winning author, Debra Moffitt to discuss their writing and gain personal feedback on their work. During the 4 weeks you'll be able to connect with Debra via email to answer questions that arise about your writing process over the 4 week period. An e-book accompanies the weekly course work.
Each session over the 4 weeks will include some writing time to help you better understand your creative process. You'll also be encouraged to set some goals to work toward during the month.
Cost for 4 week training: $399 US – $299 Early Bird Rate (Before Feb. 1st) - Spaces are limited.
Wondering if this is for you?
If you have longed to write your book and seek practical guidance to discover the different steps toward a finished product, this workshop series is for you. Whether you want to begin to put your ideas on the page or find yourself in the middle of a project, “Making Your Writing Dreams a Reality“ will bring you the gentle encouragement, practical tools, and solid foundations to help you work through the many challenges of writing a book. This workshop is open to both fiction and non-fiction writers, bloggers, and short-story writers.
Dates: February 24, March 3, 10, 17, 2018 – 4 Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 EST (USA) and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Paris/Geneva Time Zones for 4 Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. EST (USA) and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Paris/Geneva time zones.
What You'll Get:
- 4 x 2 hours of live classes for a total of 8 live class hours. Valued at $700
- A 45 minute individual session with award-winning author, Debra Moffitt. Valued at $180.
- Email support during the 4 week period (This does not include reading manuscripts. Request rates for editing and guidance on your manuscript.) Valued at $150-300.
- A copy of a successful non-fiction book proposal. Valued at $50.
- Information about connecting with agents, getting endorsements, and building your platform. Included in the Live class hours.
- "Achieve Your Writing Dreams" ebook. Valued at $25.
- A bonus of the online course, "Write Your Book in 21 Days" - valued at $79 - that you can start right away.
Total value of this package is over $1300 and it aims to set you on your way to achieving your writing dreams.
Location: A comfortable place you choose where you'll be able to work without interruption for 2 hours. You'll receive a link to easily access the live video training and participate in a virtual classroom using Zoom. You'll be visible to other participants from around the world and you'll be able to interact with them.
Register here: Cost for 4 week training: $399 US – $299 Early Bird Rate - Spaces are limited to a small group.
the instructor: Award-winning author, Debra Moffitt, teaches workshops on writing and creativity at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California, at the Sophia Institute in Charleston, South Carolina, and in Geneva, Switzerland. Her books have been translated into many languages and her writing has appeared in print luxury and consumer magazines, on national blogs in the U.S. and her fiction was broadcast by BBC World Services Radio. Debra’s gifted teaching draws out the best in you and guides you to creatively thrive. She helps executives and creatives find their writing voice and complete the books.
Bonus: Register now to receive "Write Your Book in 21 Days" - an online course sent to your inbox to kick-start your writing right now. Free when you register. Value of $79.
Details of the four week program:
Week 1: Getting Clear On Your Project: Defining, Clarifying, and Creating Solid Foundations
This first session will be packed with essentials to provide clarity and focus. We'll begin with some exercises to help you clarify your topic, get clear on your purpose for your project, and define your audience. You'll gain a deeper sense of your message and what your finished project looks and feels like. You'll discover ways to tap into your creative flow, how your unique creative process works. We'll also explore how to chose the right structure for your work so that it amplifies your message.
Week 2: Building Creative Self-Confidence: Using Inner Guidance to Direct Your Creative Choices
One of the biggest obstacles to self-expression is a lack of self-confidence. Questions often arise in the unconscious mind (and even consciously) like: “Is my story a worth telling?” or “Who am I to tell this story?” or “So many people write and tell their stories, maybe I don’t need to.” If you feel blocked by self-doubts and that critical inner voice, you’ll be invited to shine a light on your inner voices and explore them. You'll begin to connect with the affirming voice of your intuition and distinguish it from the judgmental voice of the Inner Critic, who stifles creativity. When you become more conscious of your inner life and the obstacles it places in the way, you can remove the obstacles and free up a lot of creative energy to reach your goals with ease. We'll go deeper into the writing process, explore the joys of the messy first draft, and look at potential obstacles you may meet along the way.
Week 3: Working with Emotions: Connecting with Readers and Your Creativity through Emotions
Working with emotions provides an important tool for writers. Why do academic papers not usually keep our attention or stay in our memory? They’re usually devoid of emotion. Think of the stories that have touched you the most. What emotions connected most with you? A longing for home? Fear for the safety of the characters in the story? A sense of satisfaction? This session will be like an “emotional intelligence” session for writers. Working with emotions and being aware of how your writing makes readers feel opens the way to creating exciting, lively writing that will drive your story or project forward and keep readers interested. You’ll come away from this session with a better understanding of your own emotions as well and how they're linked to your creative process. We'll touch on being grounded, tapping into the power of the senses, and the joys (and scariness) of vulnerable self-expression.
Week 4: Commitment and Completion
To write a book requires commitment and discipline. We’ll explore tools and tips on how to stay motivated to the end of your project. We’ll also look at the publishing process and options for both “indie” or self-publishing and placing your work with a traditional publishing house. Debra will share her experiences with finding agents, creating a non-fiction book proposal, and creating the sales documents necessary to prepare your fiction for sale.
You’ll also be able to schedule your one-on-one 45 minute Skype session with Debra anytime during the 4 week course.
Instructor Bio: Debra Moffitt is an award-winning author, radio show host, and writing teacher. She has led workshops and retreats at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California, the Sophia Institute in Charleston, South Carolina, and her French Alps writing retreats count among the top to attend according to The Write Life" writing blog. Debra's blogs on Beliefnet and Intent.com reached large audiences, and she has written for luxury and consumer magazines. She was contributing editor for the CNBC/Luxos Guide to Davos for the World Economic Forum.
What People Say About Writing Workshops with Debra
"Debra’s writing classes helped me finish my book. She models what she teaches—wisdom, compassion and courage." - Barbara L., Corporate, VP, Charlotte, NC, USA
"Fantastic! I've been able to get back to my life-long passion of writing. I'm now fully back on with my creative outlet and I'm going home with the tools to keep this going too!" - Kira C., Geneva, Switzerland
"Awesome! Thank you. I grew. I learned. I have new acceptance. A new direction.
I will now say, 'I am a writer!!'" - Stephanie W.B.
"Excellent! Exactly what I needed. Truly inspiring, focused & [it] brought out creativity in a very unique way. I loved the musical breaks & the sharing of our pieces. It was a very productive, inspiring workshop & I truly wish we could have them more often!" - Anon
"It teaches you something without actually realizing it. It helps you get everything straight and in order, but it is always incredibly accepting, no matter what you write. It creates a powerful, loving energy without any pressure at all." - Nikki K., Stockholm, Sweden
"Loved it! I felt inspired to write a lot and the time just flew by so quickly." - Lais S., Geneva, Switzerland
"Thank you so much for the wonderful workshop last Friday and Saturday, it was exactly what I needed to create the year I so desire, personally and professionally…Also, the workshop helped Karen and me to articulate our work. We were able to visualize and plan our workshops ahead and the two book projects, one we had begun and one was rather abstract. We have already begun the second project since returning." Dr. John E. - Raleigh, NC, USA
"It [the workshop] far exceeded my expectations and gave me some really important insights to bring home and explore.... I came away not only relaxed, but energized and looking forward to bringing new energy into my life, my work and my art." Robbie C. - Atlanta, GA, USA